Wednesday, February 4, 2009





Ok. I have shamelessly left up the blog post up about our winning the GIFT Tournament in the top spot for long enough. I have been holding back on updating the fishing reports from here in Quepos. The fishing remains strong and I will follow this post with some updated info but I wanted to get this comment posted that I just received from our friend Jason Jones from South Carolina. He and his crew fish with us back home and came here ahead of the tournament and just wore out the billfish. The e-mail he sent me says it all ...


Jamie,

I can't say enough about our trip last week. That was the most un-believable three days of fishing anyone of us has experienced in our lifetime: 30 sailfish, 1 blue Marlin, 3 Yellowfin 30-45 lbs, 2 mahi gaffers, & one stud mahi > 45 lbs. You've got me thinking about retiring my boat in Georgetown, SC and just go a few times a year in Costa Rica.

We've been on many charters, fished with many anglers, and taken many offshore trips ourselves and I have never seen two fisherman that impressed me as much as Jose and Marco. We had (4) double hook ups, and their uncanny ability continue to go after a sailfish and put it on the line well after it has surfaced was amazing, and oh yeah we never lost a single fish after hook up!

Here is a few highlight pictures, if your interested I 'll send you the DVD with them all (~ 250). Were trying to edit down the 3 hours of digital video and post it on youtube.com. Once that is done I'll let you know the link.

By the way, Willy should consider to run for mayor, as there is no one he doesn't know, and nothing he didn't accomplish for us when requested.

I'm sure I don't need to say this, but you should be extremely proud of your team there. While we will be booking our annual trips out of Georgetown with our customers shortly, I'm already planning next year’s
trip to Costa Rica asap.

Thank you,

Jason Jones


Jason thanks for the kind words! I am glad you guys had such a great trip. You set us up for our win in the GIFT. See you on the docks back home!

The Frenzy continues ...

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment