Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rafa works his magic

Once again Rafa Solano proves that he is one of the best captains in Costa Rica. Two lucky anglers got the benefit of Rafa's many years of experience today when Rafa and mate Johan took them fishing on an absolutely calm Pacific Ocean.

I have been at Casa Carolina all day working on boat and house stuff. Willy just talked to Rafa who reported that today they caught 3 dorado, one wahoo, 3 sailfish and a blue marlin. Pretty work Rafa! For many years I have fished with Rafa and even against him in tournaments and I have learned that you never bet against him! Almost as good as hearing of their catch is the news that Rafa has saved me a fillet of dorado and a fillet of wahoo! Now I can have some fresh ceviche and grilled wahoo!

Tomorrow I'll be out on the 43 in search of billfish on the fly and more ingredients for ceviche.


The Frenzy continues...


Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment