Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pink prevails!


Once again the Frenzy pink fly does it's trick on the Quepos sails. You can't imagine how many fish we saw today. I was frustrated early with the weak bite I was getting. My typical MO is to start with the blue fly and use it until 10:30 AM at which time I switch to this pink fly. When I couldn't get a bite on the blue fly I went and pulled out our tournament bag and started looking at my options. As usual I went with the pink streamer and rigged it with a pair of 7/0 hooks. The next fish came in quickly, Marc and Luke jumped in and timed it perfectly as the fish gave me a tremendous right to left bite. I jammed the 7/0's in hard. The sail headed for the horizon as we picked up the guys. After some fabulous jumps at the boat, all caught on film, we released the sail at boatside. There was much more action to the afternoon. Read about it on Marc Montocchio's blog when it's posted at www.occhioinc.com/blog

The Occhio Frenzy continues...

Jamie Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment