Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break FRENZY 2009 - Day One


Our regular followers will remember that on the way down to Costa Rica for the GIFT Tournament I spent the day in Delta's Crown Room in Atlanta thanks to Delta's delay in Columbia causing us to miss our flight from Atlanta to Costa Rica. Well once again thanks to Delta I have spent the day in the Crown Room in Atlanta. This time the cause was the failure of the Back Up batteries in the GPS in the nav system in the plane in Columbia. I mean give me a break, don't you know where Atlanta is? We finally arrived in Atlanta about 15 minutes after our flight left for Costa Rica.

The really bad thing about this misadventure is that Jenny and I have 12 teenagers in tow for Spring Break in Manuel Antonio. So instead of hanging out at the pool this afternoon sipping on cold beer and watching the boats return from fishing I get to sit in the pretty damn uncomfortable Crown Room. We almost didn't even get to enjoy this "luxury" but the wonderfully kind lady let me slip an extra 2 people in. I won't even relay my conversation with the Delta lady about re-booking us onto the 6:48 pm flight. Thanks a lot Delta. Hope I didn't put you out with the extra two people occupying the lousy room while you're busy going bankrupt. Glad I used the rest of my skymiles to get 4 business class seats on your sorry plane before you go completely out of business. I tried to take a cat nap a little while ago and ended up crawling under the desk in this cubicle to get out of the glaring light. ENOUGH ALREADY!

There are no photos to go with this day as it is just too ugly to document; but, with any luck you'll be seeing some photos of huge sails, tuna and dorado posted this week as we have 5 days of fishing scheduled.

But you say "there is a photo posted, and it's a huge tuna!" Yes indeed, I found this 5 year old photo of my youngest son Joseph "Jose" with a tuna that taped out at 62 inches fork length. He caught it after a 2 1/2 hour battle. This just goes to show you that you don't have to be an Iron Man to catch a big fish. Just persistent!

The bite is still on strong and I expect some good fish stories from our crowd this week. I'll be posting regularly as well as catching you up on what has occurred during the last week or so.

Stay tuned as the "Spring Break" FRENZY continues ...

Jamie
www.FrenzySportfishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment