Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Report from Bret Bettison



As regular followers know, I frequently receive e-mails from folks who have come down to fish on the FRENZY. I received this e-mail from Bret Bettison who fished a couple of days with us mid March. I think it, and the accompanying photos speak for themselves!

"Jamie,

For the past 10 years my boys have watched me pack up and head to Quepos usually the week after the GIFT tournament. I would return with stories and pictures of the sportfishing action available there. Over the years my boys have become pretty decent fisherman along the Gulf Coast and began asking me when could they go to Costa Rica. My oldest son, Colton 17, is graduating from High School this year and as a graduation gift to him I thought they would really enjoy a trip to Quepos. My wife had never been herself so we planned to fill the time with some other activities as well. My youngest son, Carson 10, is ready for anything anytime.

Our flight out of Houston was great, No Delays !! I had decided to have a driver pick us up in San Jose and drive us to Quepos, Really is a nice drive and my wife and boys were able to see some of Costa Rica by car. We stayed at Si Como No, as you know this is a fine hotel and is hard to beat.

We were to fish on the Frenzy March 17 and 19, The first day the bite was a little slow but Jose and Marco managed to raise 4 sailfish, 3 were landed, Both boys got their 1st sailfish that day with Colton landing 2 and Carson landing one, refusing any help from his dad. The Frenzy is a fine boat, I had seen the boat last year for the 1st time and wanted to fish the boat the next time I was down.

March 18th we did the canopy tour in the morning, everyone should make plans on a canopy tour at least once. Late that afternoon we had a message that the Frenzy had an issue and would not be able to go out on the 19th, so we were rerouted to one of Jeanette's boats.

March 19th the boys had 6 more sailfish, with both of them releasing 3 each. I had decided before the trip that I was going along for the fun and to watch the boys and help them experience their 1st trip to Costa Rica, so I never touched a rod. I prefer light tackle and fly, now the boys are already trying to figure out how they can make another trip and land those Pacific sailfish on light tackle, I am sure I can make that happen again, as my wife fully enjoyed the trip and has already mentioned she is ready to go again !! Sounds like we will all be going again.

The food is always excellent, you have to at least make the El Gran Escape and El Avion, although I have not had a bad meal ever in Quepos.

Our return to San Jose was great and our flight back to Houston was On Time!!

We certianly look forward to fishing the Frenzy again.

What a great Spring Break the boys along with Mom and Dad had!!!!!

Thanks,
Bret"

Hey Bret thanks for the report and congrats to Colton and Carson on their fish. Nice photos too!

As we head towards the end of the school year and folks start to make their plans for the summer I always encourage people to come to Quepos. There is plenty to do and the fishing is still good through about the end of July when it starts to rain too much. Contact Willy for your reservations and come on down in the summertime as the FRENZY continues ...

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment