Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break FRENZY 2009 - Day Seven

I was greeted on the dock today by a fellow that heard we had a dozen teenagers at the house this week. He asked me if my hair had turned gray so I took off my hat! He said "Hmm!, Looks like they have turned a few hairs gray." I said "yes but not loose yet!"

Well it was back to the deep water, like 1500 feet deep, off the edge of the Furuno Bank chasing billfish today with Joseph and Bosie. Starting shallow we immediately picked up a pair of sails. Then we followed some rips out to 1500 feet where we saw a couple of free jumping sails but had not bites. There is still plenty of bait up on the Furuno so we headed back into shallower water (250 ft), caught some live bonito and slow trolled them for awhile. We caught another sail on the bonita then headed back in after another wonderful day offshore.

Now we're headed to Kapi Kapi for our last dinner together in Costa Rica!


Tomorrow we load up and head back to San Jose as our Spring Break FRENZY starts to wind down...

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment