Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break (the Steffen's) Day 1




Since this is a fishing blog site, my posts will not be near as exciting as the Walker's posts from their Spring Break.  Unfortunately we do not have 12 teenageers in tow and only have two days scheduled fishing on the Frenzy.  I will try to report the fishing as I hear from Willy.

We arrived today without any major problems.  Our flight was delayed by an hour leaving Seattle but we still had plenty of time to make our connection is Houston.  There are six of us.  Lisa, me, Olivia (the 12 y.o. fishing phenom), Ian (the 5 y.0. water rat), Amy (Lisa's sister who caught the first fish of her life on our last trip and has been watching ESPN fishing shows for tips ever since) and Amy's husband, Jeff who would like to land a marlin or rooster fish this trip.

We had a great trip across the mountains in the King Air.  Eleven minute flight from San Jose to Quepos.  It is my favorite airplane of all time !!!!  Amy got to ride shot-gun and loved it.

Just took easy this afternoon.  Our concierge manager, Donielle, treated us to a tour of the improvements made to our accommodations at Casa El Mar.  It is such a treat to return here for another idyllic week in Costa Rica.

After settling in, the water rat (Ian) had us head for the pool.  As always, I learn what a small world we live in.  The family staying in the unit below us is from Colorado where I grew up.  The husband is friends with a doctor who I was on student council with in junior high.  I spoke with them about fishing and although the Frenzy is booked the whole time they are here, Willy may try to find them another boat.  They are here with their three children and we gave them lots of tips on what to do and where to go.

Following the pool, we slipped next door to Issimo Suites for a relaxing dinner with one of my favorite waiters in Manuel Antonio, Dixon.  Dixon saw to our every need and I enjoyed my New York Steak prepared Tamarindo style.  Tamarindo is a type of fruit found in the mountains and it's flavor is indecribable.  You just can't get this at home.  Jeff had filet with a mushroom reduction sauce; Amy hade Caribbean style shrimp with a sweet and sour zing; Lisa and Olivia had fresh tuna prepared in different styles and Ian........fell asleep on my lap.  I put him down on an adjoining sofa as we finished our meal with a banana split we all shared.  Tomorrow we are all sleeping in!

I have a special report for Saturday!!

Kerwin 

No comments:

Post a Comment